Solar Energy Storage Electrical Engineering Technician
Maine-based Pika Energy, Inc. seeks a talented, energetic Electrical Engineering Technician to support research and development, new product introduction, and manufacturing.
About Pika: Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems, (NYSE: Generac) is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems in the field or under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
- Install and maintain electrical and electronic systems, primarily solar and battery power converters.
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve issues in-house, in the factory, and in the field. Issues are likely to span electronic (industrial control) and electrical (AC and DC power) domains.
- Support customers in the field
- Track and communicate issues, resolutions, and engineering changes using a variety of digital tools (Jira, Salesforce CRM, Slack, spreadsheets, custom tools)
Up to 20% local and/or North America travel may be required; more may be possible if desired.
This role requires a versatile and flexible individual as the job tasks may vary frequently depending upon organizational demand and resources. The successful candidate must work well with others in the engineering, manufacturing, and sales support organizations.
Recent engineering graduates are encouraged to apply to experience a broad range of hands-on learning opportunities across multiple R&D and manufacturing disciplines.
- Graduate of a two-year accredited technician program OR 5 years of work experience
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and electronic schematics
- Ability to perform electronic and electrical system troubleshooting
- Experience isolating faults in electrical and electronic equipment
- Experience operating electrical and electronic test measurement tools such as digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, passive and electronic loads and logic analyzers
- Experience soldering through-hole and fine pitch surface mount components
- Experience with high voltage (less than 1 kV)
- Ability to load programs into programmable components (for instance DSPs, uCs)
- Experienced with mechanical assembly
- Ability to follow process while operating autonomously
- Ability to operate unsupervised in a customer environment
- Basic computer operation (Google Docs, Word, Excel)
- Ability to operate electrical CAD tools
- Power Electronics experience
- Experience in programming computers or test equipment
- Experience supporting NRTL certification testing (e.g. UL, Intertek, TUV, etc.)
- Experience managing engineering changes and working in a production environment
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes to brings projects to completion.
- Positive attitude, high energy individual: identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals
- Process orientation: follows a clear method, trains others, and continuously improves it.
- Team player: works closely with others to achieve shared goals.
- Passionate advocate for clean energy and innovative technology
- Passionate advocate for and knowledgeable about clean energy and new technology.
- Comfortable adapting to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company.
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
- Travel up to 20%, as needed for field support
This position is full-time and will be compensated competitively through salary, benefit package (including healthcare/401K/Life/Disability), and equity participation. Pika offers flexible hours and flexible paid time off. Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.