Solar Energy Storage Sales Applications Engineer
Maine-based Pika Energy, Inc. seeks a Sales Applications Engineer to work as a bridge between sales, engineering, and Pika’s customers.
About Pika: Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems (NYSE: Generac), is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company.
- The Sales Applications Engineer will be the primary technical resource for product users, installers, and partners in the field, and the hands, eyes, and ears of the Pika team in the field.
- Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Sales Applications Engineer will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
- Working with the engineering team, he or she must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical and installation issues to assure complete customer satisfaction.
- The Sales Applications Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales and support cycle.
- Travel to customer sites to help with complex installations and problem-solve field issues
- Provide technical training to partners in a variety of venues
- Review electrical and 1-line diagrams
- Generate appropriate electrical and 1-line diagrams for review
- Address customer inquiries and questions by phone and/or e-mail
- Provide consultation for complex installations
- Recommend and consult on new feature and accessory development
- BA/BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent experience in a similar solar/battery storage/power electronics/battery industry role
- 3 – 5 years of experience in customer support, applications engineering, or related role
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical blueprints
- Solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience training on technical topics
- Skills and experience to represent the company’s brand and products out in the field with confidence
- Available for travel up to 50%
- Customer service or sales support experience
- Hands-on electrical/electronics work in the field
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM), Salesforce preferred
- Excellent written communications skills
- Experience in Product Management including market and product requirement documents
- Proficient in Google collaborative apps; Microsoft Office
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes, recognizes and capitalizes on opportunities
- Positive attitude, high energy individual: identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals
- Passionate advocate for clean energy and innovative technology
- Comfortable adapting to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company
- Confident presentation skills
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
Compensation:This position is full-time and will be compensated competitively through salary, benefit package (including healthcare/401K/Life/Disability). Pika offers flexible hours and flexible paid time off. Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”