Market Development Manager- Northern California
Pika Energy, is seeking a Clean Energy Solutions Market Development Manager to manage the Northern California territory in our residential and small commercial solar channel. Pika is part of the Clean Energy Solutions Business Group, which was formed by Generac Power Systems recent acquisition of Neurio Technology and Pika Energy. The focus of the Clean Energy Solutions Business Group is to develop innovative products and technology platforms that will make us the global leader in the Energy Storage Systems (ESS) and Home Energy Management (HEM) markets.
In this high-impact position, you’ll be responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships with solar installers and with solar distributors, analyzing territory opportunities to create and execute market penetration plans, prospecting new business, achieving sales budgets and providing world-class customer support. The successful candidate must be comfortable presenting the benefits of a technical product and be willing to travel up to 70% of the time.
About Pika: Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems, (NYSE: Generac) is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company.
Generac is at the forefront of changing technologies offering the broadest range of power products from portable and home standby generators to solar storage and smart home energy management solutions. You’ll work for the power solutions leader in a market with incredible growth potential. This is your opportunity to launch an exciting career in Sales with Generac and Pika Energy. If you’re an aggressive seller looking for a competitive market, apply today!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and close sales opportunities in accordance with strategic plans and financial objectives
- Analyze territory opportunities and customer needs
- Build and manage strategic relationships with key decision makers
- Support new promotional programs
- Create and implement solution-based sales strategies
- Provide world-class customer support
- Conduct sales presentations and provide product training
- Develop and execute business plans as defined by channel specific marketing programs
- Fill Sales fundamental and channel specific training classes
- Provide reconnaissance of competitors’ influence and develop a plan to counter their influence within assigned territory
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years related experience in technical sales
- 70% Travel
- Working knowledge of OEM role in 2 step distribution model
- Previous experience using SAP, Sales Force or equivalent CRM
- Previous trade experience in one or more of the following industries: renewables, utility, battery, solar, power generation, or installed equipment
- The analytical ability to understand key business metrics
- Self- motivated with the ability to work independently in a field-based role
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proven ability to implement process improvements within a matrix organization
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Effective negotiation skills with the ability to understand the complex sales process
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple audiences
- Effective presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. 70% travel.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”