Maine-based Pika Energy, Inc. seeks an experienced and flexible Manufacturing Engineer to support a global product supply chain with engineering change management, technical drawing, 3D modeling, and communication with suppliers. The successful candidate will have experience with Solidworks, Product Lifecycle Management, sheet metal and plastics design for manufacturing, supplier quality evaluation, and contract manufacturing. This position reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing.
About Pika Energy
Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems, (N YSE: Generac) is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company.
- Provide flexible, responsive engineering support for a fast-changing global supply chain
- Evaluate supplier engineering change requests
- Create engineering change notifications
- Review engineering change notifications for accuracy and completeness
- Revise existing technical drawings and 3D models
- Request quotes and issue purchase orders
- Request and evaluate prototypes and first articles
- Respond to engineering and manufacturing questions from suppliers
- Design packaging materials to support global supply chain
- Lead responses to quality issues or supply chain vulnerabilities
This role requires a versatile and flexible individual as the job tasks may vary frequently depending upon organizational demand and resources. The successful candidate must work well with others in the engineering, manufacturing, and sales organizations. Must be able to manage shifting priorities in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- B.S. in Mechanical OR Electrical Engineering and 1 year of work experience; OR graduate of a two-year accredited technician program AND 4 years of work experience
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Able to specify dimensions, materials, finishes, and assembly requirements on drawings in Solidworks
- Ability to create and modify complex 3D models in Solidworks
- Able to perform and apply tolerance stack up analysis to part designs
- Familiar with package design engineering
- Experience with prototype part approval process (PPAP) and supplier quality evaluation
- Experience managing engineering changes and working in a production environment
- Experience evaluating corrective and preventative actions to address quality issues
- Experience working directly with part/product suppliers on schedule, design for manufacturing, and quality
- Ability to follow standard company process while operating autonomously
- Basic computer operation (Google Docs, Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable speaking about complex issues over the phone, email, and in person.
- Experience designing plastic parts
- Familiarity with PCBA design package requirements for suppliers
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and graphic design
- Experience with domestic and global sourcing for quality, scale, and cost reduction
- Experience supporting NRTL certification testing (e.g. UL, Intertek, TUV, etc.)
- Experience with new product introductions and technical/process transfer to new suppliers
- Experience with Arena PLM
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes to bring projects to completion.
- Positive attitude, high energy individual: identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals
- Engineer at heart: uses intuition for electrical and mechanical engineering principles to identify issues and solutions.
- Process orientation: follows a clear method, trains others, and continuously improves it.
- Team player: works closely with others to achieve shared goals.
- Passionate advocate for and knowledgeable about clean energy and new technology. A general passion and high-energy approach to work.
- Comfortable adapting to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company.
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
- Travel up to 10 % as needed for supplier support
Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.