Senior Embedded/ Controls Firmware Engineer
Pika Energy is seeking a Senior Embedded/Controls Firmware Engineer. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to architect, develop, test, release and maintain complex software systems on embedded processors. Candidates should be passionate about performance and adding new features and functionality to our family of advanced power electronics products.
About Pika Energy:
Founded in 2010, Pika Energy has a mission of accelerating the transition to locally-generated clean energy. Pika Energy’s expanding line of clean energy products includes inverters, power converters, and energy storage systems which are installed across North America and the Pacific Islands. Pika’s products combine solar panels with batteries to protect customers from power outages, cut electric bills, and make solar an asset to the electric grid. Through partnership with Panasonic, Pika offers the most powerful home battery product on the market. Pika utilizes a growing network of Pika Certified Installers and and distributors.
- 4-year engineering degree
- ≥5 years experience in software development, including significant embedded processor experience
- Team leadership/mentoring of team members
- Experience with embedded C development on a microprocessor
- Experience designing control systems in resource-constrained environments
- Contribute to overall system architecture
- Evaluate communication & control strategies for power converters
- Lead, mentor and guide less-experienced team members
- Develop and document software for safety critical applications
- Solid programming skillset in embedded C
- Good documentation and team-oriented practices
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work collaboratively in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Digital signal processing
- PIC microprocessor
- Software certification processes (UL1998 or similar)
- Power Electronics
- Startups and rapidly-scaling companies
- Distributed energy systems
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes to bring projects to completion
- High energy leader: identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals
- Engineer at heart: uses intuition for engineering principles to identify issues and solutions
- Team player: works closely with others to achieve shared goals
- Passionate advocate for and knowledgeable about clean energy and new technology
- Comfortable adapting to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
- Minor travel
This position will be compensated competitively through salary, benefit package (including healthcare/401K/Life/Disability), and equity participation. Pika offers flexible hours and flexible paid time off.
Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.