National Account Manager: Homebuilders
Pika Energy is seeking a National Account Manager Homebuilders for the Clean Energy Solutions Business Group to oversee the implementation of all sales programs with local, regional, and National Home Builders. The Generac Clean Energy Solutions Business Group was formed when Generac Power Systems acquired Pika Energy and Neurio Technology. The National Account Manager – Homebuilders role is accountable for achieving annual sales and margin goals while staying in line with corporate objectives. The position is also responsible for training all channel partners to close new business opportunities with home builders, multi-family principals and remodeling companies while expanding the growth of our current builder partners. The successful candidate must be comfortable presenting the benefits of a technical product and be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
About Pika: Pika Energy, a division of Generac Power Systems, (NYSE: Generac) is a leading provider of clean energy products including smart battery systems, inverters, power converters, and building energy management solutions. Pika combines the pace and energy of a tech startup with the resources of a fast-growing Fortune 1000 company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service existing builders, design centers, and residential interior designers by making sales calls, developing business relationships and keeping them current on products and marketing programs.
- Prospect, secure, and on board new local, regional, and national builders for our channel partners as well as develop business relationships with new design center managers.
- Analyze and review sales trends and margins and identify opportunities and threats to future channel growth.
- Enable internal / external sales teams and channel partners to understand the Pika Energy/Generac Clean Energy product line, value proposition, performance and features of our products and services as well as other Generac products and services.
- Prepare price quotations, terms of sales, and RFP responses subject to company policy.
- Navigate the involvement of multiple departments and personnel within the Pika Energy/Generac organization and secondary distribution network in order to meet performance objectives and meet customer’s expectations.
- Provide support and feedback to enable our internal marketing team to develop physical and digital collateral needed attract target clientele.
- Maintain an up-to-date sales call plan with objectives and document all communications including participating in regular builder tracker meetings.
- Provide competitive market intelligence feedback.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience directly selling to end users/customers
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within the home building and remodeling industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within the solar and/or battery industry
- Valid Driver License Required
- Ability to travel 50%
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple channels of distribution including dealer, wholesale, retail, and direct.
- History of exceeding challenging sales quotas and overcoming internal and trade customer obstacles and competitive actions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive and strategic relationships with all internal cross functional areas.
- Demonstrated ability to implement strategic sales plans focused on growing sales.
- Proven business planning, budgeting and P&L skills.
- Proven experience working from remote office.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customers across multiple regions.
- Strategic selling training or consultative sales experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Salesforce/CRM experience a plus.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”