Maine-based Pika Energy, Inc. seeks a well-rounded administrative professional to support our growing team of employees with a variety of financial, facility, and human resource tasks. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with high energy and a desire to join a fast-paced growth company. This position has flexible hours, between 30 – 40 hours per week, and reports to Pika’s Office Manager.
About Pika Energy:
Pika Energy is accelerating the world’s transition to clean energy. We build power electronics products that make it simple and efficient to produce store solar energy and increase energy security. Our seamless end-to-end platform, the Pika Energy Island™, connects your home to solar, storage, and the grid. We have partnered with some of the top names in battery technology to bring to market this powerful, easy-to-install platform. Our smart batteries, Islanding Inverters™, and solar optimizers allow home and business owners to capture, store, and utilize more solar energy. Pika Energy products are sold and installed throughout North America and Puerto Rico by a network of Pika certified installers firms and solar equipment distributors.
- 2+ years experience in office administration, accounting, human resources, or a similar setting
- Support the growing Pika Team in a myriad of business activities
- Finance: Facilitate flow of finance and inventory information between sales, production, and engineering teams using Salesforce, Quickbooks, MS Excel, and custom tools
- Human Resources: Support recruiting and onboarding of new hires, work on benefits such as health insurance and company outings
- Facility: Make our facility work for the team by running things such as employee food, office cleaning service, asset tracking, and site repairs
- Greet visitors and phone calls, providing top-notch first impression and routing to appropriate team members
- Schedule meetings, handle mail, and order equipment and supplies to make the office run ever more smoothly
- Facilitate employee safety training and safety tracking
- Arrange event logistics for onsite and remote events including trade shows and investor meetings
- Assist the Office Manager in organizing events and touches that make the company an ever-cooler place to work
- Other diverse projects and team support efforts that may arise to keep the company thriving
- Legendary Customer Service – interacts with others with compassion and patience
- Strong communication – ability to craft thoughtful, well-organized, articulate, context-sensitive emails and documents
- Presentation – creates clear, consistent documents and charts with polished formatting
- Event planning and management – takes pride in making events, human resources programs, and the facility itself run smoothly
- Numbers – a natural tracker of lists and numbers who enjoys getting all the details right so the total always adds up
- Diligent follow-through – lets nothing slip between the cracks and conscientiously tracks all the details
- 2 or 4 year degree
- Direct experience in an early-stage high growth company or manufacturing environment
- Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce.com) or Quickbooks
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes. Recognizes and capitalizes on opportunities.
- Autonomous – independently follows through on tasks with the judgement of when to check in.
- Positive, high energy individual – makes all tasks an opportunity to create, improve, and smile. Identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals.
- Team player: works closely with others to achieve shared goals
- Passionate – Advocate for sustainability, clean energy and innovative technology.
- Enthusiastic about Change – Adapts to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Performing the duties required of this job mean that an employee must have the ability to:
- Talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone
- Sit or stand at a computer terminal for an extended period of time
- Do light to moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs)
- Tolerate moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, light traffic)
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
This position will be compensated competitively through salary, benefit package (including healthcare/401K/Life/Disability), and equity participation.
Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com.