Front End Software Engineer
Pika Energy is seeking a Front End Software Engineer to build, optimize and maintain user interfaces that enable control and monitoring of Pika’s expanding fleet of clean energy resources. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to build elegant, performant, and maintainable user experiences, including interfacing with APIs, using modern dependency management, and unit testing.
About Pika Energy:
Pika Energy is accelerating the world’s transition to clean energy. We build power electronics products that make it simple and efficient to store solar power. We offer a seamless end-to-end platform, the Energy Island, which connects solar, storage, loads, and the grid. We have partnered with some of the top names in batteries to bring to market these powerful, easy-to-install products. Our smart batteries, islanding inverters, and solar optimizers allow home and business owners to capture, store, and utilize more solar energy. Pika Energy products are sold and installed throughout North America and Puerto Rico by a network of solar installation firms and equipment distributors.
- Excellent communication skills
- Eye for Design/Information Architecture
- Deep knowledge of UX best practices
- Experience with React (or strong case that React is the wrong choice)
- Contribute to overall system architecture
- Design and build user interfaces for Pika customers, installers and partners
- Collaborate with software team to deliver high-value features that delight customers and other key players in the ecosystem
- Maintain excellent user experiences across modern browsers and devices
- Good documentation and team-oriented practices
- Strong experience with front end frameworks, preferably React
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work collaboratively in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native
- Experience with Go/python/C++
- Visual design skills
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes to bring projects to completion
- High energy leader: identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals
- Creator at heart: uses intuition and established best practices to advocate for and build an elegant user experience
- Team player: works closely with others to achieve shared goals
- Passionate advocate for and knowledgeable about clean energy and new technology
- Comfortable adapting to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
- Remote option available
This position will be compensated competitively through salary, benefit package (including healthcare/401K/Life/Disability), and equity participation. Pika offers flexible hours and flexible paid time off.
Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.