Demand Response Operations Internship
Maine-based Pika Energy, Inc. seeks a summer intern to support the company’s launch into innovative and exciting new utility programs designed to reduce peak summer demand on the electric grid. The intern will make a direct impact on the success of Pika Energy and our customers in battery demand response (“DR”) programs, which reduce fossil fuel use by delivering solar power “on demand.” This position is perfect for graduate students, recent college graduates, or current college students looking for experience and exposure to a fast-paced, mission-focused, high tech company. This position is based out of Pika Energy headquarters in Westbrook, Maine.
About Pika Energy:
Pika Energy is accelerating the world’s transition to clean energy. We build power electronics products that make it simple and efficient to produce store solar energy and increase energy security. Our seamless end-to-end platform, the Pika Energy Island™, connects your home to solar, storage, and the grid. We have partnered with some of the top names in battery technology to bring to market this powerful, easy-to-install platform. Our smart batteries, Islanding Inverters™, and solar optimizers allow home and business owners to capture, store, and utilize more solar energy. Pika Energy products are sold and installed throughout North America and Puerto Rico by a network of Pika certified installers firms and solar equipment distributors.
- At least two years towards a four year college degree
- Strong spreadsheets skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Coordinate execution of each planned utility demand response event with Pika sales and software team
- Communicate directly with Pika end-use customers to optimize their performance in utility demand response events
- Track weekly performance of all Pika customer sites enrolled in utility demand response programs using proprietary software platform
- Analyze results of Pika customers across different pilot DR programs to develop recommended process changes and new product features and present to the Pika sales and software teams
- Other projects may include:
- Develop customer education materials around utility battery programs
- Research new utility programs to assess future opportunities and product requirements
- Help build out Pika’s Knowledge Base on utility DR programs for installers
- Knowledge of the residential solar industry and market
- Customer service experience
- Experience in a startup environment
- Demonstrated interest in distributed energy systems, PV, wind, or other energy generation and battery storage
- Proven self-starter: takes initiative and adapts to changes, recognizes and capitalizes on opportunities
- Positive attitude, high-energy individual: identifies obstacles and tackles them to meet goals
- Passionate advocate for clean energy and innovative technology
- Comfortable adapting to the dynamic needs and priorities of a fast-growing company
- Team player: works closely with others to achieve shared goals
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Based out of Pika headquarters in Westbrook, ME
- Must be able to sit or stand for the duration of a work day (8 hours)
- Tolerate moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, light traffic)
This position is full-time hourly and will be compensated competitively based on experience. The internship has a flexible spring start date (April – May) and ends August 30th, 2019.
Please apply by sending a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.