The T701 Home Wind Turbine is currently sold out. Please contact Pika Energy for next available ship dates
The Pika Home Wind Turbine delivers serious power at a substantial savings.Perfect for off-grid living or for anyone looking to reduce their reliance on fossil fuels, the Pika Home Wind Turbine has been designed, built and tested to operate for 20 years with no scheduled maintenance. The T701 is also the quietest to ever be certified by the Small Wind Certification Council, with an operating acoustic range of 38.3dB. The T701 is manufactured and assembled in the United States. To learn if a wind turbine is right for you, please read our Wind Turbine FAQ page.
System FeaturesThe Pika Home Wind Turbine is designed with both the installer and customer in mind. We've prioritized reliability, durability, and performance in every aspect of the T701.
- Easy to install – The T701 is rugged, but easy to transport and assemble. Our flexible tower top interface adapts to a variety of towers.
- Easy to wire – Our slip ring design lets you wire before or after installing the turbine.
- Easy to service –Pika Home Wind Turbines are designed for 20 years of operation with no scheduled maintenance, but we make service easy anyway. Pika Energy’s inverters are located at ground level, and the T701 adapts to most popular tilt-up tower models.
- Site flexibility – Locate the best spot for the T701 and take advantage of the high-efficiency line transmission of our 380VDC REbus™ nanogrid.
- Upwind design –Performance is maximized by the Pika Home Wind Turbine's responsive upwind construction.
- Remote monitoring – Customers, installers, and Pika Energy technicians can view performance data from any WiFi-connected Pika Home Wind Turbine system. Pika Energy can remotely administer software updates and diagnose errors so you don't have to.
- Ships by UPS –The compact Pika Home Wind Turbine system saves you shipping costs and valuable time.
Blog post on the benefits of home wind turbines
FAQ: Is a home wind turbine right for me?
|Certifications||SWCC 13-03 (AWEA 9.1 2009 Standard)|
|Rotor Diameter||3.0 m (9.8 ft)|
|Swept Area||7.1 sq m (76 sq ft)|
|Peak Power||1.7 kW (at 13.5 m/s)|
|Rated Power||1.5 kW|
|Rated Wind Speed||11 m/s (25 mph)|
|Cut in Wind Speed||3.3 m/s (7 mph)|
|Survival Wind Speed||66 m/s (148 mph)|
|Monthly Output||202 kWh at 5 m/s|
|Type||Horizontal axis; upwind rotor; free yaw|
|Direction of Rotation||CCW (when looking downwind)|
|Alternator||Brushless permanent magnet|
|Output||REbus™ DC Nanogrid (regulated 380VDC plus data)|
|Grid-connected||Yes (use Pika X3001 Inverter)|
|Off-grid||Yes (AC-Coupled with X3001)|
|Speed Control||Electronic stall regulation|
|Tower-top Weight||42 kg (93 lb)|
|Shipping Dimensions||27" L x 15" W x 16" H (turbine); 62” L x 18” W x 14” H (blades); 62" x 2" x 17" (vanes)|