Pika Islanding Inverter™
The world’s first nanogrid inverter
Pika Islanding Inverter / X7600 and X11400 Series
The award-winning nanogrid inverter for smarter energy management
Solar-plus-storage is simple with the Pika Islanding Inverter. This bi-directional, battery-ready inverter uses auxiliary grid sensing to perform transformerless islanding for clean backup power. With integrated DC breakers for PV and batteries, installations are simpler and far more efficient than AC-coupled or conventional DC-coupled designs. Ideal for self-consumption and ready for grid services like demand response, the U.S.-made Pika Islanding Inverter is our most powerful, flexible inverter yet.
Automatic transfer switches and a transformerless design means your Pika Islanding Inverter handles all on-grid and islanding functions seamlessly, without additional hardware components. Its built-in smart operating modes including Grid Connect, Self-Supply, Clean Backup and Priority Backup.
The Pika Islanding Inverter provides its full 7600W power capacity for islanded loads, offering up to 50% more power to islanded loads than other DC-coupled hybrid inverters. Run your well pump and other heavy protected loads without a grid connection, ensuring you’ve got all the power you need when it matters most.
The Pika Islanding Inverter operates with or without batteries, offering a storage-ready option for all grid-tied solar applications. And, when it’s time to add batteries, the inverter’s integrated DC combiner makes storage installations plug-and-play. Parallel-connect multiple inverters for larger system designs. Connect up to four Pika Energy smart batteries per inverter, for a maximum of 60kWh of clean energy storage per inverter.
- Conventional grid-tie – Planning to add a smart battery later? The Pika Islanding Inverter operates as a conventional, grid-tie inverter in the meantime. And when you do add a compatible smart battery, you won’t need any additional battery inverters or autotransformers.
- Battery backup – Add a smart battery to back up protected loads using the Pika Islanding Inverter’s internal, automatic transfer switches.
- Self-supply – Attain energy independence with balanced self-consumption of stored solar energy.
- Commercial three-phase power – Reduce commercial demand charges with the 208VAC three-phase X11400 series.
“We offer the Pika Islanding Inverter to all our customers. It’s our go-to inverter.”
– Ian Huddleston, Greene Tech Renewable Energy
- Simplicity – The Pika Islanding Inverter is a single device for connecting energy sources, storage, loads, and the grid. No other solar-plus-storage system offers as much power and performance with as few parts.
- Direct integration with smart batteries – Connect a compatible smart battery directly to the Pika Islanding Inverter without needing an additional battery inverter or separate interface hardware.
- Protected loads – Support 120/240V protected loads with no external autotransformer required, even with three-phase models.
- Smart Operating modes – The Pika Islanding Inverter features selectable modes for Grid Connect, Self Supply, Clean Backup and Priority Backup.
|AC OUTPUT/ GRID-TIE||X7600 Series||X11400 Series||Unit|
|Rated AC Power Output||7600||11400||Watts|
|AC Output Voltage||120/240, 1Ø||120/208, 3Ø||VAC|
|Maximum Continuous Output Current||32||32||Amps, RMS|
|Ground-Fault Isolation Detection||Included||Included||-|
|Charge Battery from AC||Yes||Yes||-|
|THD (current)||< 2%||< 2%||-|
|Typical Nighttime Power Consumption||< 7||< 7||Watts|
|AC OUTPUT / BACKUP|
|Rated AC Backup Power Output||8000||8000||Watts|
|Maximum AC Backup Power Output||12000||12000||Watts|
|AC Backup Output Voltage||120/240||120/240||VAC|
|AC Circuit Breaker||50||50||Amps|
|THD (voltage)||< 2%||< 2%||-|
|Automatic Switchover Time||< 1||< 1||Second|
|Typical Nighttime Power Consumption||30||30||Watts|
|DC Input Voltage Range||360-420||360-420||VDC|
|Nominal DC Input Voltage||380||380||VDC|
|Max Input Current||20||30||Amps|
|Ground-Fault Isolation Detection||Yes||Yes||-|
|DC INPUT / BATTERY|
|Maximum Continuous Power||8000||12000||Watts|
|Internal DC Distribution Breakers||4x2p30A||4x 2p30A||-|
|DC Fuses on Plus and Minus||40||40||Amps|
|CEC Weighted Efficiency||97%||97%||-|